In accordance with the basic principle of the Personal Information Protection Act, which states that personal information should be handled with discretion and with respect for the individual, Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as 'The Committee') will undertake the following measures:
1. All relevant laws regarding the handling of Personal Information shall be observed
In this regard, The Committee will observe the Personal Information Protection Act related laws and will base its handling of personal information on generally accepted procedures. These procedures will be amended as required in response to the changes of the law or society.
2. Personal Information will be collected and used for limited purposes only
In the collection of Personal Information within The Committee, participants will be notified of the purposes for the use of such information, or these purposes will be made public. Personal Information will be handled in accordance with the following designated purposes:
- To confirm registration or to provide services related to The Committee's support activities
- To provide information related to The Committee's data base and its publishing materials
- To confirm subscription to email services or to provide other services
- To amend or respond to inquiries from participants regarding any of the above services.
- To undertake any other procedures related to the above services.
- To analyze and produce statistical data, which does not disclose the Personal Information of specific individuals.
3. Personal Information shall be managed in a safe and thorough manner
In order to prevent the loss, damage, illegal transfer or falsification of Personal Information, The Committee will undertake all necessary and appropriate measures required for the safe management of personal information. In order to ensure the smooth operation of the activities of The Committee, certain functions are delegated to outside companies. While Personal Information may be provided to these companies to the extent necessary for the performance of the functions needed, a contract will be executed to ensure the proper handling of such information, and such handling will be supervised.
4. Personal Information, in principle, will not be provided to third parties
Within UNIJAPAN Personal Information will never be provided to a third party, except in the following cases:
- In cases of outsourcing, as outlined in (3)
- In cases where the permission of the individual has been outlined
- In other cases stipulated by law
5. Responses shall be made to all requests regarding Personal Information
The Committee will make every effort to maintain the Personal Information of participants in an accurate and up-to-date format. The disclosure or amendment of this information will be undertaken upon the direct request of the individual, and upon confirmation of his or her identity. When a participant requests that The Committee suspends use of or deletes their Personal Information, such action will be taken within a reasonable period of time, and upon confirmation that the request was made directly by the relevant individual. The partial or complete suspension of use or deletion of a participant's information may unfortunately render The Committee unable to provide the requested services to participants. (Moreover, in some cases the suspension of use or deletion of Personal Information may be constrained by the relevant laws and regulations.)
Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival Executive Committee
President Akio Tsubota